After purchasing the domain and hosting then you need to update the nameserver for connect each other for make website live.
1. How to find Hosting Nameserver:
- Login to the hosting provider panel
- Go to the Hosting provider panel
- select your hosting
- see your hosting nameserver (if you face any issues finding hosting nameserver then you can contact your hosting provider)
Nameserver looks like this :
2. How to change Domain’s Nameserver :
- Step1. Login to your domain registrar’s website
- Step2. Look for the DNS management option
- Step3. Look at the option for changing your domain’s Nameserver
- Step4. Enter the Nameserver information which is provided by your hosting provider
- Step5. Save the change and allow time for the DNS to propagate.
After updating the nameserver of domain, you will typically need to wait some time after changes to propagate across the internet. In simple word DNS propagation can take up to 24 to 48 hours.
During this time, you can complete the following process
- Set up your website and configure hosting: Once the nameserver propagates completely, you can start setting up your website or configuring your hosting account. This may involve tasks such as uploading website files and configuring email accounts, databases,s or applications.
- Monitor Propagation progress: You can check DNS propagation by using any DNS propagation checker website. It will help you determine when the changes have taken effect globally.
- Setup email: If you use an email associated with your domain, you need to set up your email accounts or configure email forwarding with your hosting account.
- Enable SSL:I suggest you to use SSL for your website to make it secure. You need to configure and enable SSL certificates for your website. Most of the hosting providers offer free SSL certificates for your website.
- Regular Monitor and maintain your website: Once your website is live and running, you need to monitor its performance, security, and functionality regularly. Keep your website-associated software (CMS, plugins, and themes) up to date to ensure your website performance and protection.